19 Jun 2015

Camomile Cleansing Butter


For months and months, all I kept hearing was talk about the Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter which got me very intrigued. It wasn't until my lovely friend Zee from over at GlitZeeGlam convinced me that I needed it in my skincare routine that I picked it up from my local Body Shop to give it a try for myself. I've been using it on and off ever since purchasing it a few months back, and needless to say I am quite the fan.

So what is it? It's a bit like a body butter but for the face...however, it is much more indulgent and cleansing and melts both makeup and grime from the surface of your skin. It has a very soft and buttery texture to it, and leaves my skin feeling baby bottom smooth after using it. The chamomile extract in the product apparently contains antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, although still gentle enough for those who have sensitive skin like myself. It has a floral scent, the exact same as the cleansing oil which is also stocked in this range, which I also use as part of my skincare routine for an morning cleanse. I tend to use the body butter as an evening cleanse as it leaves me feeling refreshed and pampered.

To use, I just apply a small scoop to my dry face and then massage into my skin. This breaks my makeup down almost instantly. As it is more of an oil-based product, it glides easily across the surface of my skin. However I have problems with removing mascaras and find that it doesn't tend to work well, which is why I use a separate makeup remover. I then remove it with a muslin cloth and then go in with a second cleanse just to make sure all makeup is removed.

I love do it all products, and asides from the mascara problem I strongly believe this is one of those. My skin is quite dry at the moment so it tends to keep my skin nice and moisturized after use as well. Added bonus is that all products made by The Body Shop are against animal cruelty which as the animal lover I am makes me really happy.

So what other products from The Body Shop do you recommend that I try?

Lots of Love.






8 comments:

  1. Oo l'm liking the sound of this, I am so into cleansing at the moment.

    Meme xx

    New Blog Post:
    'Beautiful = Natural'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try, and being The Body Shop it is so affordable! xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds soooooo heavenly. I love the oil but am yet to try the butter!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would choice the oil over the cleansing butter however the butter is really good aswell! You should definitely give it a try xx

      Delete
  3. I've been using the oil for about a month now and I absolutely love it! Not sure about the butter, i'm worried it would be too heavy for me and it works briliantly on mascara so the oil wins hands down for me

    Jade x
    Girl Up North | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the oil. I am on my third bottle of it now, it is one of the items that I will probably just purchase over and over again, haven't found anything better than it xx

      Delete
  4. I loved this, such a great alternative to the Clinique Take The Day Off Balm x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I havn't tried the Clinique one, it has always been on my wishlist but I can never get hold of it in my local Boots! xx

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWIDTHINGS